This blog is free to post on by anyone, so to all my friends, feel free to drop in and say Hi! ^_^ Also please disregard any randomness, chances are, no harm will come to you....maybe.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Something To Think About

What is change really? Change is happening every day. It never slows down, never takes time to stop and smell the roses. Each passing day is another day closer to the rest of my life. Sometimes i feel like I'm losing some old friends as I make new ones all the time. College is staring me in the face, but I do all I can to avoid it's gaze. In one short year, I'll be graduating, and what will become of me? I leave my precious friends and my valued family behind as I go out to make a name for myself in this chaos-ridden world, and frankly I want to know: what happens if I fail? Who will I run to when it all falls down? The world is moving at a super-fast speed, and I wonder if I can catch it. To all my friends, I can't tell you how much I love being around you all, and I'd do anything and everything for you. Please, as time passes us by, stay in touch and let me bear witness as your lives change along with mine. To my family, i cant thank you enough for everything you do for me and for all the love you've shown me. This is not meant to be a "sad" post, but a thoughtful post. Haven't we all felt this at one point? The shadows of the future creep up on us, but are we able to match them? There is so much we don't know about ourselves, and so much to look forward to. I myself am not sad as i type this, but more...afraid. I fear i will be lost in the time stream so to say. I need my friends and family all around me now, because I want to find my own way home so to say, and I can't do it alone.


6 comments:

Gastonwxman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gastonwxman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gastonwxman said...

Hey. We're all here for ya. I'm having similar feelings myself. There are days when I wonder what will happen when I get into college. Will my life become better or worse? Who will I have with me? Will my friends remain with me or will I end up not seeing them so much? So many questions, yet so little time to answer them all. I thank you and the rest of our friends for being here. Without you all, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I had always lived alone back when I was a small kid. Now I have people like you to hang with, and they make me feel a lot better; knowing that I have good friends. I know for sure that my life will be changing very soon (I'm already 17 today. It won't be long before new things appear before me, each one of them having an individual challenge). Just remember: You have us and your family to surround you, and no matter what, we're with you all the way. Why....?

Because that's what good friends and family members do for you. =) It is only a simple matter of understanding who you have in your life that makes a difference, and I myself would never dream of ruining that for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blaze said...

Wow... that comment was a little more than random...

But yes, as the boar said, we're here to back you up! Everybody has these same thoughts (I do for sure...). Just know that you're gonna do well in the world, of that I'm certain. And I'll stay in touch with all my friends for as long as they'll put up with me, so no worries there.

Desert said...

Meep, ah luvs you guys. -group hug-

Seriously. As I said in my anti-idiot rant post the other day, to me friends are really more than friends. Anybody can say they're friends, but few people can say that they have someone they can talk to whenever, with whom they can joke around and be an idiot, with whom to share good times and troubled times.
I hope you, not just David but Reg and Patrick and Haley and my other friends, see me like I see you. I'm here if you need me.
Just like I've had friends who've pulled me out of the hellhole, I want to be there for you guys.

And who isn't scared by the future? Going on my recent college tours I may've almost fallen asleep during the info sessions, but it reminded me of the fact that in a year I'm going to graduate and I should be applying to these places like now.
Having my seester be about to graduate from UNC in May means that we've already sort of figured out college shit, but for me it's still murky. I've had a few "HOMG I'm going to be a senior next year holy shit" moments, but past that I haven't really contemplated.
I really will miss you guys when we go our separate ways to college or whatever. And some of the teachers too, I'll admit. I'll miss everyone, and I'll probably miss the lifestyle I had during high school.
I really hope we manage to stay in touch. And who knows, maybe one or two of us may end up going to the same place. You lot'll find me where Haley and Heather predicted, curled up in some ridiculous niche on top of the bookcase in the library, ignoring the librarian trying to make me come down.

Anyway, enough of the long rambling reply. I think this is longer than the post. X_x